Since 1990, when MGT Consulting Group (previously MGT of America) completed our first post-Croson disparity study, we have successfully completed 203 studies for public sector clients across the country. MGT has a proven track record of conducting legally defensible disparity studies that have played a vital role in assessing and evaluating the extent of marketplace discrimination, if any, on a national scale. Our mission is to provide high quality, value added consulting solutions that exceed the expectations of our clients and provide a meaningful return on investment to our clients and all other stakeholders. Visit our website at www.mgtconsulting.com to learn more about our services and projects.
We have over 25 years of firsthand experience with the complexities involved in conducting disparity studies aligned with current methodologies and legal standards. A snapshot of our credentials include:
|Experience withstanding legal challenges.
Enhanced private sector analysis, including building permits analysis.
Comprehensive approach to availability analysis, covering bidder/vendor and custom census (Dun and Bradstreet).
Regression analysis upheld multiple times by federal circuit courts.
|Conducting a more robust anecdotal analysis, which includes separate stakeholder interviews. Comprehensive review of all available data.
Highly credentialed staff, including Ph.D. research staff and masters level research staff.
Conducted more studies in racially, ethnically, and socio-economically diverse communities than most other firms.
DISPARITY STUDY TEAM
FRED SEAMON, PH.D. Executive Vice President
- Dr. Seamon has over 30 years of consulting, research, and graduate teaching experience.
- Dr. Seamon has played a major role in over 100 of MGT’s disparity studies
- His disparity study areas of expertise include qualitative research methods, community engagement, and outreach and policy analysis.
Disparity Study Responsibilities: Quality Control, Anecdotal Research
REGINALD SMITH Vice President, Disparity Research
- Smith is nationally recognized for managing and directing disparity studies and is the leader of MGT’s disparity team and MGT’s disparity study business unit.
- He has directed over three dozen studies since joining MGT and has managed some of the largest disparity studies in the country.
- He played a key role in developing and refining MGT’s methodology and quality standards for conducting disparity studies.
- Spent over 15 years in various managerial and administrative positions with state agencies.
Disparity Study Responsibilities: Quality Control, Methodology, Anecdotal Research
VERNETTA MITCHELL Senior Consultant
- Mitchell has developed and managed small, minority, and women business programs within local government and private sector companies.
- Has a functional knowledge of procurement processes, construction, and program administration.
- She has extensive knowledge in project management, project scheduling, analytical reporting, facilitation, collection and analysis of qualitative research, and public relations.
- Recruits and manages our disparity study subconsultants.
- Mitchell has directed over a dozen studies as project manager.
Disparity Study Responsibilities: Project Director, Lead Anecdotal Researcher, Subconsultant Management
HOPE SMITH Senior Consultant
- Smith has more than 14 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative data analytics.
- She has advanced experience using statistical software such as SPSS, survey development platforms, diversity management, and compliance software as well as Microsoft Office software such as Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Smith applies her unique experience to develop quantitative and qualitative data evaluation and collection, large scale database design, data mining on complex data (includes various and non-standard data sources), and analyses methodologies.
- In addition to serving as data manager, Ms. Smith has been a project director on several large disparity studies and develops diversity metrics recommendations for M/W/D/SBE programs for various municipalities.
Disparity Study Responsibilities: Lead Data Manager and Analyst, Private Sector, Data Collection
JANICE BANKS, Small Planet Works
Small Planet Works designs effective workplace solutions through managing process improvement. They possess over 20 years of experience in process design, IT management, and training. SPW assists organizations to achieve maximum performance from both their human and capital resources.
Disparity Study Responsibilities:
- Conduct In-depth Interviews with business owners
- Manage public meetings
- Conduct Stakeholder Interviews
- Conduct custom census surveys
ANNELIESE OPPENHEIM, Oppenheim Research
Oppenheim Research is a full-service market research firm offering a complete range of research programs designed to provide its clients with clear, concise, and highly reliable information upon which they may formulate successful strategies and plans. Because the firm believes an aware and informed client makes the most effective marketing, policy, and management decisions, Oppenheim Research also offers programs which accurately measure the potential and actual effectiveness of those plans. Oppenheim Research has worked with MGT and provided disparity study services for over 12 years.
Disparity Study Responsibilities:
- Conduct survey of businesses